Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook

     I am definitely pro-Facebook.  I use it to communicate with my family in other cities/states who I normally would not get a chance to catch up with, and then of course I also use it to talk to friends.  Being able to view others posts and pictures is what makes Facebook interesting and keeps me up-to-date with those that I am not able to talk to everyday.
     Of course there are risks associated with using Facebook.  There is the risk of cyber-bullying, of online predators, etc.  But these risks are seen everywhere in some way, not just on Facebook.  I think that there should be an age limit to those who are allowed to use Facebook, because youngsters are more prone to falling into these types of risks.
     The discussion we had in class further enhanced my belief that there should be an age limit on who uses Facebook.  Although it can be used as a convenient way of communicating to friends and family who you may not have a chance to see on a regular basis, the majority of young children are up to no good when they are on such websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment